Sexual Addiction Treatment Center
Sexual Addiction Treatment and Dual Diagnosis
Our program for sexual addiction treatment provides integrated treatment for individuals suffering from sexual addiction or compulsivity (including Internet addiction). Therapy addresses issues of sexual addiction / compulsivity, co-sexual addiction, sex and love addiction, and dual diagnosis for sexual addiction co-occurring with substance abuse and other psychiatric diagnoses.
The professional staff at Transitions Recovery have extensive experience in the assessment, treatment planning, and facilitation of interventions specific to the needs of sexual addiction and dual diagnosis treatment patients at our addiction treatment center.
Of special concern is maintaining recovery from substance abuse and addiction treatment among those with sexual addiction. Unresolved compulsive behavior such as sexual addiction can cause relapse in individuals who have completed traditional addiction treatment programs.
Sexual Addiction Treatment
Our programs at Transitions Recovery involve treatment and care for all aspects of the individual suffering from sexual addiction and/or substance abuse, including biological, psychological, social, spiritual, and emotional.
Therapeutic approaches that may be used to provide sexual addiction treatment at our dual diagnosis addiction treatment center include:
- Cognitive-Emotional-Behavioral Therapy (CEBT)
- Experiential therapies.
- Psycho-educational presentations that address healthy sexuality, sexual addiction and compulsivity, dysfunctional sexual and relationship behaviors, and relapse prevention.
- Psychopharmacological interventions.
- Group and individual therapy.
- Family Program. Integrative therapies.
- Twelve-Step meetings such as SAA, SIA, AA, ACOA, CODA, GA, NA, EA and EDA.
Group and individual therapy helps sexual addiction treatment patients discover personal truths addressing fear, trust, honesty, and dependency.
Patients are assisted in separating their identity from the sexual addiction symptoms. Each component of the individual’s program is tailored to their needs, and patients are treated by compassionate, caring addiction treatment specialists, who also assist patients in developing compassion for themselves and others. Therapy is designed to:
- Promote each patient’s self-esteem and sense of self-worth.
- Teach patients to participate in creating their own physical, emotional, sexual, psychological, and spiritual safety and growth.
- Help patients develop functional thinking processes and coping mechanisms.
An atmosphere of acceptance and belonging helps break the feelings of isolation that patients receiving sexual addiction treatment or dual diagnosis treatment for substance abuse may have experienced. The safe, therapeutic environment at Transitions Recovery allows the sexual addiction treatment patient to reduce pain and shame while exploring memories and perceptions associated with sexual issues.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Somatic Experiencing® sessions may be scheduled as part of the patient’s addiction treatment if needed.
Transitions Recovery offers a continuum of care to provide support at every stage of addiction treatment and recovery, from extended inpatient care to intensive out patient addiction treatment to lifetime aftercare.
Families of patients in our dual diagnosis substance abuse and/or sexual addiction treatment program benefit greatly from the Family Program we offer. The patient can invite family members and/or significant others to participate in their healing process. Family members are encouraged to explore their own issues that may have developed due to the relationship with the addiction treatment patient.
The Family Program at Transitions Recovery helps addiction treatment patients and their families:
- Identify problems that have had significant impact on the family system.
- Change attitudes and behaviors between family members and patients.
- Clarify the healthy support role of the family.
To find out if you or a loved one may require sexual addiction treatment or assistance recovering from substance abuse, call 800-626-1980 now to talk to a caring, knowledgeable counselor.