Dual Diagnosis Center for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment
Substance abuse is a disease that affects the physical and mental health of a patient. Almost 70% of individuals with drug and alcohol addictions may suffer from co-occurring mental disorder, which often go undiagnosed and untreated. For such patients, complete recovery is almost impossible unless these co-occurring disorders are identified and treated. Transitions Recovery is one of the best dual diagnosis centers in the country. Our facility offers treatments for co-occurring mental disorders like depression, anxiety, anger, sexual addiction, and eating disorders etc. for substance abuse patients.
We understand the significance of dual diagnosis in the successful recovery of patients. By restoring the mental health of such individuals, we ensure that they are fit to fight the usual peer pressures and stress that are common in the modern lifestyles of most of us. We design our dual diagnosis treatment programs in such a manner that they go hand-in-hand with the medical therapies that the patient is administered with. This helps in preventing the recovered patients from going into a relapse.
What to Look for in a Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
A recovery achieved through detoxification and medications is only superficial. The mental conditions of the substance abuse patients push them back to addiction in no time. Such individuals can get violent and suicidal in nature, and administering dual diagnosis treatment on them may become very difficult. This is the reason why there are very few capable dual diagnosis recovery centers in the country, and Transitions Recovery is one of those few. Being a dually-licensed rehab center, we provide a special psychiatric health and mental health facility, wherein the all the mental conditions that the patients are suffering from are identified and addressed. Depending on the individual conditions of the patients, customized programs are established for better outcomes.
We have a team of some of the best dual diagnosis experts including psychiatrists, psychologists, and counsellors. One of the key components used by these experts in the dual diagnosis treatments includes education. We focus on helping the patients understand more about the disorder and be in a better position to manage its impact on themselves, their family and their social community.
Some of the components of our dual diagnosis treatment program include the following:
- Psycho-education that includes lectures, groups, and individual sessions to educate the dual diagnosis patient about the medical and psychological aspects of the patient’s dual diagnosis.
- Expert pharmacotherapy using effective medications to provide the greatest benefit and the least side effects.
- 12-Step programs that are administered in-house and cater to the specific needs of the patients.
- Relapse prevention program specifically designed for ongoing recovery of the dual diagnosis patient.
- Adjunct groups that focus therapeutic work on specific areas of concern to the dual diagnosis treatment of the patient, such as compulsive gambling, cocaine/heroin addiction, eating disorders and nutrition, nicotine cessation, grief and trauma, healthy sexuality, and professionals’, women’s, and men’s groups.
- Family Program that provide the much-needed support to the dual diagnosis patients.
- Integrative therapy includes Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and Somatic.
Our services are available throughout the country, including Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, and New York.
Get help now by calling 1-800-298-1783 and speaking to a live professional available 24/7. Make the call that can save your life !